Monday, November 14, 2011

School newspapers: Got links?

Recent discussions about the need for high schools to teach online journalism inspired me to add a feature to this blog:  Links to student newspapers.

I've only got two so far,  the online versions of the Providence Prowl and the East Meck Eagle.  I'm sure there are more,  and I think it's a boost for student journalists and a service to adult readers to share them.  So if you are involved with an online student publication  --  public,  private or charter,  Mecklenburg or surrounding counties  --  shoot me the link and I'll add it to the rail at the right of this blog.

Update: Got the Charlotte Country Day School link from alum Paul Kardous, who worked for his high school paper in the 1990s, went on to become online editor of his college paper, The Auburn Plainsman -- and is now an architect. "You can learn great skills from operating as a journalist no matter what your chosen profession!" he says.

3 comments:

Tom H said...

You can find over 600 online high school news publications on our client list here: http://www.schoolnewspapersonline.com/clients/client-list/high-schools/

Ann Doss Helms said...

Thanks, Tom. A few are in our area -- and I think it's a hoot that a school got by with "High Times."

Anonymous said...

Is there a student newspaper at CPCC?